Total Pageviews

Monday, November 1, 2010

“Arkansa’s school board member Clint McCance says gays should get AIDS and Die.”



This is an editorial
“Arkansa’s school board member Clint McCance says gays should get AIDS and Die.”

There were some schools out there encouraging students to wear purple that day in light of the recent string of gay teen suicides. People who couldn’t take being bullied at school, at home, and at church anymore, deciding to take their own life due to a lack of relief in sight. McCance said, "Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way I'm wearin' it for them is if they all commit suicide.”
Now if this was some average joe or even a NPR radio host like Juan Williams I couldn’t care less, I’d say “leave it be,” and just keep on with my daily life. But this guy determines the type of education your kids get.
“It pisses me off though that we make a special purple fag day for them,” says the gentle kind hearted McCance, “I like that fags cant procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other aids and die."
Am I reading an Onion News article? To be alive today and hear such comments being made by a person placed in a position of power is very surreal. Remember it’s the Midland School District’s mission to, “Make a difference in the lives of students,” According to their motto.  He also said somewhere along the lines of “Keep that fag stuff to yourselves.” Which by that he means, “you can be a fag but you have to keep it secret and be ashamed of it.”
You know what, all the gay and lesbian people out there who need a reason to live, well here it is. Relish the fact that you being alive ruins Mr. McCance’s life according to him. And once this guy is fired or resigns, what can he do when he’s barred from every teaching position except some private school in Texas or the Westburo Babtist church?
I am aware by the time this article was written he apologized for his comments. I can understand sometimes people react spontaneously, however no form of apologizing can earn my forgiveness and I don’t think it earns the forgiveness of the people he hurt by the comments he made. It will take a lot more than that to make up for saying and believing such things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment